ABOUT THE ROLE
Under supervision of designated supervisor, assume primary responsibility for individuals receiving day habilitation services in an active environment requiring physical movement.
- Hands on direct care with adults with developmental disabilities and/or medical challenges
- Assist in construction and preparation of program materials/setups and program environment
- Assist in monitoring individual programs and support systems under the guidance of the Supervisory Staff
- Implementing goal oriented and varied programming in a supportive setting with a team of dedicated professionals and to provide daily instruction and support in:
- Life skills, including personal care and self help and dining assistance
- Communication skills
- Socialization, recreation and community skills
- Independent living development
- Affective development/self advocacy and human rights
- Behavior development
- Case management responsibilities involve daily documentation, monthly reports and semi-annual reviews and giving feedback to our interdisciplinary team and assisting in providing all necessary information required for meetings
- Participate as a member of program team in preparation of activities, curriculum and program objectives
- Professional communication within the program as well as stakeholders such as families, residential vendors, etc.
- Participate in ongoing training's and certifications specific to role requirements
- Perform such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Supervisory Staff
- Very active environment requiring a lot of movement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: - Sensorimotor - ambulation with individuals, transfers and use of mechanical lifts. - Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities required - Willingness to learn and implement new philosophies, methods - Excellent oral and written communication skills, adaptability and team-work skills required Minimum Acceptable Qualifications: -High School Graduation or G.E.D equivalent -Ability to lift 30 pounds -Vaccine mandate in effect for all current employees and new hires. Must be fully vaccinated. - Must have a valid Massachusetts ID or Driver's License and list past driving experience, types of vehicles driven and notices of any motor vehicle violations for at least the last 5 years. -CORI check and National Background check required (to be completed upon hire) Hide
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Coastal Connections supports people with disabilities to achieve their full potential by creating personalized programs that promote living, working and playing in the community. Each person becomes an essential contributing member of their community through dynamic programs that create an environment that fosters lifelong learning.